If a decision is unclear or contains a mistake, a party can submit Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB) Form, Request for Correction or Request for Clarification, free of charge. The applicant does not have to notify the other party of this application, unless the arbitrator instructs them to do so.
For some types of issues, such as the following, there is a 15-day deadline to apply from the date the decision was received:
- the decision is too difficult to understand or ambiguous and needs to be clarified;
- the decision contains an obvious error; or
- the decision accidentally left something out.
For other types of issues, such as the following, the 15-day deadline may not apply:
- the decision has a typo;
- the decision has grammatical errors; or
- the decision has a math error.
- TRAC Webpage – I Disagree with my Decision
- RTA Section 78 – Correction or clarification of decisions or orders
- RTB Form 6 – Request for Correction
- RTB Form 38 – Request for Clarification
- RTB Policy Guideline 25 – Requests for Clarification or Correction of Orders and Decisions